Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cautiously


Wednesday dawned with more rain storms so I was forced to nix the pool. In the evening I set off for a run in humid Rock Creek Park because I felt as if I could...rather than try a water run. I have to admit, I feel a little out of shape out there, but I know that feeling will eventually pass. I ran for 40 minutes or so and felt pretty good.

I took a risk and ran for 50 minutes on Thursday morning (only 12 hours after running), but I was pleasantly surprised to find myself holding up well. Again, I felt as if I was laboring on my run, but no sharp pain that lingered on after I was done.

My injury pain seems to have dulled during the last week but I do feel the groin pain when I try to pick up the pace (like a pick up), but not when the pace picks up naturally (like warming up).

No comments: