Friday, July 23, 2010

Backwards?


This morning's run was the worst run of the week. Ironically, I felt excellent (compared to most morning runs), but my groin/upper leg were a little strained. I ran 9 but other than the slight mileage jump, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. It's a simple reminder that I need to respect the injury and approach this day to day.

Unfortunately it's not just me. Of the 15 or so GRCers guys who are racing Chicago, 3 (approx 20% of our force) are licking their wounds; Jake Marren has a foot injury...hopefully it is not plantar, Chris Bain has a calf injury and he hasn't run without pain in over a week, and I have a bum groin.

Dickson, Charlie Ban and remote GRCers Reaves and Askey are logging mega miles. Karl is on the up and up and Wiggy could be in the shape of his life. Even JARRIN reports running continuous mileage despite all his work/ travel. Scott Koonce seems to be rounding into form quite nicely. I don't know what is going on with Ian, Murphy, Mike C, Ernst and HUGE, but I think they're all upping their game each consecutive week.

It's still early. Chicago is a thousand miles away.

2 comments:

Chris Vames Sloane said...

Take it one step at a time-it's important to live in the present at this point in time and not worry too much about the future.

Allen Carr said...

Be wary of the sports hernia. I had a "groin" injury for about two years before i finally had surgery. If it goes away and comes back over and over, keep that injury in mind. Hopefully its not that bad and you just need to let it heal.