Thursday, July 22, 2010

Returning...?


I am cautiously getting back into it. Since Monday, I've run just a little bit more each day; 4, 6, 7+, 8. The good news is that I am feeling BETTER each day not only DURING the run, but AFTER the run as well (eg - walking around at work). That being said, I am not out of the woods yet. I am avoiding hills and I am avoiding any speed until the groin/leg pain has all but vanished. I am still doing Billy's stretching as often as I can. I think what I am doing is the right thing - I've started running again but my running is easy.

I haven't counted myself, but based on other people's blogs Chicago is about 3 months away. I am not so worried about missing mileage (I am of course) but I am worried about missing LONG runs. This is my greatest weakness. I was scheduled to run 21-22 this weekend, but that will certainly not happen. Last year at this time I had 3 races under my summer belt; 4:22, 25:16 and 15:07...this year; zilch. But I need to forget about that right now, I need to forget about all that. I need to get back up to full steam. Then and only then will I be able to up it up and move forward.

One day at a time. Flexible response.

No comments: