Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wednesday workout...on Thursday



This morning I ran 3 miles on the treadmill. It sucked. I hate the treadmill...but it was better than running in the pouring rain. I did my best to watch MORNING JOE on MSNBC, but the lady next to me wanted the sound down so I had to read subtitles. That sucked too.

Tonight, I met Dirk at B-CC for a workout. He had already done a workout yesterday, but because he loves running so much he decided to double it up. We decided to run a 6 x 600m (200m rest) cut-down starting at a comfortable 1:45...1:44, 1:41, 1:40, 1:39, 1:36 (Dirk can fact check this...the only one I am hazy on is rep # 4). The last 400m of the last rep was 63 (33/30). I felt very strong, yet my legs were tired & heavy. We followed it up with 4 x 200m strides. I tried to run mile pace (32 secs) for the 200s while maintaining form. My stomach started to burn mid-way through the 200s so I kept the cool down a little short.

No comments: