Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Running Through Storms

Storms have been rattling the DC area over the past few days. Luckily I keep missing them.

I ran a slow, easy 8 miles on Monday morning before heading to Aberdeen Proving Grounds for a pre-film shoot scout. After a roller coaster schedule on Monday afternoon and a 15 hour workday on Tuesday (filming the new, somewhat proprietary MRAP) I didn't run again until Wednesday morning. I hadn't planned to take the day off, but the day got away from me.

I ran an easy 5 miles on Wednesday morning before joining Dirk and the two Patricks for a workout at Chevy Chase. We decided to run 4 x mile w/400m rest broken up as follows: 1200m @ 10k pace before picking it up in the last 400m ~ which was roughly run at 2-mile pace. We ran 3:50/1:10 like clockwork for 5:00 miles for our first 3 sets. I wanted to push the envelope a bit on the last one and was able to run 3:47/1:02 for a 4:49. My last 200m was 30 seconds. I felt good and I felt relaxed and was happy with the effort. My stomach burned a bit near the end and I ducked out of running striders. My sugar was also low after our 2.5 mile cooldown. 10 for the night and 15 total for the day.


My tummy is still burning, but my legs, at least, feel strong.

2 comments:

RM said...

You take this picture? Really sweet.

KLIM said...

No...just a master at GoogleImage I guess.