Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Track




Tonight, I am running my first (track) workout since October. My legs have felt very fresh lately since I haven't done much hard work, so I know I need to do something. My plan is to run 3x1600 @ 10k pace / 3 x 400 @ 5k pace ~ a gear changer. This should be fairly easy, but it will be dark and cold. Reaves and others will likely do 4-5 sets. I am still "easing in" so 3x should be fine for the time being. Last time I ran mile repeats (on the Towpath/CCT with Reaves & Murphy) my hip damn near fell off. I am still cautiously eyeing my mischievous hip. He has also been a bit dull since my Sunday "long" run. I ran 13+ on Cape Cod but the terrain contained a lot of short/steep hills which irritated my hip. It also hailed and sleeted on me for 90 minutes...which is never really fun. I stepped on a wet log on one of the downhills and looked like one of those cartoon lumberjacks running on a log in the water, but it felt as if I threw out my back. The top part of my body went forward and my back went backwards. I dropped the "F" bomb but since I was in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the woods, no one heard or cared...

As per my new strategy of running doubles on workout days, I ran an easy 5 this morning. It was damn cold.

This is a pretty cool picture from August...the only one relevant picture to a track workout that I have. Reaves, Bain and I can be seen angling for the curve during a Two Mile Race. We won't go into how that ended up...

No comments: