Monday, February 21, 2011

The Weekend in Texas


On Saturday morning I decided to run the Long Road to Nowhere again. It was the best running road I had found and I wanted to push my game up to 8 miles...and I knew there was plenty of real estate in which to do that. The previous night's festivities put a bit of a hamper in my stride, but I managed to run much faster than I had 2 days earlier along that same route. Sometimes scotch has that effect. There were a few long, gentle hills, but nothing that hindered my injury area much. I got moving at a good pace and I suppose there isn't much else to say. Again, lots of roosters strutting about in the street and lots of dogs chasing me until they got bored.

I ran an easy 5 the next day (was suppose to take it off) to see how I'd feel...and I don't suppose I felt much of anything.

My pace seems quick, though I don't know how fast I am going. My legs typically want to run a tad faster than I should when I am trying to get back into shape and that is usually fine by me, but I am trying to be cognizant of my injury and too fast, too soon might me too much.

I return home, after 2 weeks of work travel, tomorrow and look forward to hearing what the chiro has to say on Thursday.

2 comments:

Ancient Chinese Secret said...

did you gone down to austin while you were there and watch austin marathon?

KLIM said...

No, I hate marathons