Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Run


This morning I ran for the first time in 18 days. The chiro wanted to get a look at me AFTER I was active so I parked my car in suburban NoVa and proceeded down the bustling streets. I didn't know where I was going but since I was only suppose to run 25-30 minutes, I really didn't need a plan. I'd be lying if I were to say I didn't feel my right upper quad and it started about 10-15 minutes into the run. It sorta bummed me out, but I was determined to get in my 25 minutes. Feeling dejected I continued forward asking myself what the point of all of this is...

And then something strange happened... 

With the help of some sort of bizarre gravitational pull, I soon found myself outside the home of arch-nemesis Bert Rodriguez. I don't know NoVa very well and wondered how I'd gotten here. I had remembered what the condo building looked like from a night of Molotov Cocktailing kitten killers. I walked up the steps and rang the bell, but no one was home. Dazed and confused I turned around and wandered back to the street and continued my run back to the chiro. I had found the answer I was looking for.

Sarah joined me at the appointment and watched and listened as the doctor twisted me about. I hadn't done many of my core exercises for a couple of days with the power being out (I watch instructional YouTube videos while I do them) so I was sort of slacking in that department. Both seemed to enjoy watching me suffer on the table. The good news is that the chiro said I looked a lot better and to come in two additional times next week before I left town. I was also cleared to run 3 additional times next week: M, W & F (for about 5 miles). Here we go again. 

Time will tell if all this works. 

No comments: