Saturday, January 1, 2011

The New Year


Friday's run at The Line was just short of horrific. My SI joint warmed up some but it never warmed up enough. In addition my Achilles reared its head again. I never felt much discomfort in the groin but the other issues might have been masking it. The year ended dark and dreary for me but I am now determined to see this thing through; I've come too far. 

On New Year's Day, I met Sarah for a stretch session mid-morning. Desperate for answers and assistance, she advised me to double down on stretches over the course of the next two weeks. If that fails she thinks it's worth checking out a chiropractor. 

A few hours later, after even more stretching, I ran 6 miles today with Karl and had NO PAIN whatsoever.  

It's the dawn of a New Year and 2010 now belongs to the ages. 

No comments: