Friday, October 29, 2010

The First Week Back


Well, it's been a week. I had been wondering how I was going to feel today (one week in) for weeks...this, to me, was more important on how I would feel after my first day back. One week back would be key.

The headline is that my injury seems to be progressing nicely. Each run seems to be better than the last and that, right now, is all I can ask for. I am happy with how things are going, but I don't dare say I'm out of the woods yet. Next weekend will be the next "milestone" in this recovery.

This morning, I ran with Jordan, Scott and this guy Alex - my first group run since coming back. We took it easy running and out-and-back along the Trolley Trail. I smelled the chlorine from my old prison and waved through the bamboo at my old Russian guard. 26:30. My hamstrings feel better than they did on Wednesday...as I thought they might. I plan on running 30 minutes tomorrow on the Towpath, my first run on back-to-back days. Sunday will be off.

No comments: