Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Taking Flight


The mile marker was off so my split didn't matter. I was going all in...and, I was gaining ground. Ahead of me, his arm whipped to his right. I knew he was tired. It didn't matter, he was tough and I was tired too. I put my head down and hammered ahead. Eventually I chewed the pavement, spit it out and smiled. I finally caught him. He looked surprised. But then he snapped out of it and found a new gear. We were approaching mile 9  and the race was about to begin.

These are my thoughts as I slapped through the pool on my way through the workout. I remember the races of yesterday and long for the races of tomorrow. It's time to rest. I have 60-seconds before it's go time again. It goes by fast and then I'm "on"...again. It doesn't matter, it's only time. Another hour in the stinkin pool. That's all I can do, but I'll take it.

No comments: