Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Wet Fox


Unfortunately there aren't many pictures of red foxes swimming, so this vintage snapshot that Christiam took of me back in August of 2007 (when I was just a young kit) will have to do. That there be my pool and that there be me water running...almost 3 years to this very day.

On Monday I water ran twice: 30 mins and 35 mins. I did a "light" workout each session but I really wanted to spend the day getting my feet wet...literally. My pool is great in the sense that there is a 25' x 25' square that is 8' deep - perfect for water running. However, I share the pool with everyone else who wants to use it so I have to deal with that. There are a number of folks who simply float around in the pool and talk condo politics. Like giant walruses, they often drift into me when I'm pushing the pace on certain 25' stretches. I've become a pool snob. I should be happy all these folks are out excericing but I'm not. I'm too selfish. I'm trying to workout damn it. I'm in it to win it.

On Tuesday I water ran for 30 minutes in the a.m. and then did a pretty good workout in the p.m. that lasted 45 minutes. I'm already bored and sick of water running, however I finally feel like I am doing "something" again. I think I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: