Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Morning After Yesterday



I met the other Jake (Marren) along Rock Creek...no, not for "fun in the woods," but for a pleasant run through the park. For the first time since October, we ran our evening run in daylight. It was nice to run the trails again on a weekday. My legs felt pretty good, but downhills still hurt. And by the time I got to 10 miles, I was a bit tired.

On Tuesday morning I ran an easy 5 miles in preparation for a workout. However, I after experiencing a slight case of DOMS, I am hesitant about saddling up for a workout so soon after a race. Instead, I think I'll simply double and run a workout later in the week.

A special shout out to Patrick Murphy who, in this fox's opinion, ran his best race in a GRC singlet over the weekend at Shamrock (15:32). We don't do "purple drink athlete of the week" in this club, but if we did it, I think the award would go to Mr. Murphy.

No comments: