Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fast...Finally


My legs are feeling fast and fresh. I am not sure if this is mental, but either way I'll take it.

On Monday evening I ran a very easy 7.5 or so with Marren and this guy JJ from my office. Marren made us envious with his stories from Jamaica. I finished the run feeling fresh and energized.

On Tuesday morning I shuffled an easy 4 in the morning and then, in the evening, met a rebel group of GRCers for a workout at Tilden Middle School in North Bethesda. I was only planning on running 200s and couldn't break out of work early to get to AU. Karl was simply trying to find a flat/boring place to run and Wiggy...well, Wiggy got lost on his way to AU...so on his way home he showed up at Tilden. I ran 10 x 200 (200) in an effort to get my legs moving fast. Unfortunately the weather was a little cool and there was a slight rain, but it was much better than it was a month ago. I threw on my spikes and clicked off 31s like clock work. I got down to 29 on the 8th rep and then hit 28s for the final two. I felt smooth and fast...finally. 12 for the day. Easy runs the rest of the week. Track 5k on Friday night.

No comments: