Thursday, December 17, 2009

Wanting More


I've only been running 60 mins a day this week due to my cold, but I think the cold is dead. The last few days have left me wanting (to run) more. My Achilles/shin has been fairly cooperative so I am thinking of up-ticking the volume a little on each run or maybe throwing in a double or two over the next couple of weeks. I seem to run out of time in the morning and really don't want to run earlier in the day than I've already been. In an effort to get 8-9 hours of sleep, I typically turn out the lights around 10 or 10:30 and wake at 6:30. I usually get home from work around 8pm, so this doesn't leave me much time to eat dinner and chill...I am always looking for more time.

My next race will be the University of Maryland 3k on January 16th just down the road at their indoor track in Landover, Md. I might hop in one 3k-specific workout before that race, but for the most part, this race will serve as a workout. I'd like to run 8:39...we will see.

No comments: