Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ahead of Me There is Something


I awoke before 4am on Monday and, after getting a ride to the airport from a racist Irish cop, flew from Boston back to Baltimore. That night I ran with the Lululemon group from Logan Circle down to the Mall. We ran a loop around Lincoln before I split off and ran the other half of the Mall. There is plenty of light and the surface (limestone?) is ideal, especially after the rain has softened it up. I ran 7 and was disturbed to find that my left shin hurt – again!

I ran with Karl on Tuesday morning and found my shin hurting once again. Damn you shin. I pretty much ignored it and continued on with my run and ended the morning with 9. I’m doing my best to avoid asphalt when possible and certainly avoid concrete. I feel as if I am past the point of no return. No more time off. Instead, we push on through until Nationals unless I REALLY need to take some time off. Often times for me, these things melt away after you keep the pressure (i.e. – miles) on.

I did an easy 5 on Wednesday morning with CC and Karl before heading off to the track for my first workout in weeks. I’ll take it easy as I have another workout lined up for Saturday.

Press forward…

3 comments:

RM said...

An Irish cop who was racist?

I don't believe you.

That is blasphemy.

KLIM said...

Within a block he had dropped "Aunt Jemima"

RM said...

So, you're saying he's a fan of pancakes, syrup, breakfast foods? That's not so bad.