Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Weekend



I ran my long run on Saturday this weekend. I am not sure why I don't do that more often. It's nice to get it out of the way and enables you to have more of a fun Saturday night free of I have-to-run-long-the-next-day blues. I met a bunch of folks at the GRC store and we headed north along the Towpath, up Ernst Hill, past American, down the Glover-Archibald trail to Connecticut, down through the Zoo, followed Rock Creek to the Potomac, past the Lincoln, over Memorial Bridge and back to the Georgetown Running Company. 16 miles mostly with Reaves, Murphy, Dylan and Max.

On Sunday I awoke and headed down to Difficult Run in Virginia for a 10 mile jaunt with JARRIN, PMurphy and Billy. This is a great place to run and I really need to go here more often. Great Falls (picture) looked more impressive than usual after all the rain we've had. Nice day for a run.

I read a great article in the Washington Post today about some woman who stalks the forests along the Potomac picking edibles, tracking down poachers and butchering road kill all while cursing like JARRIN. I am quite surprised the woman has only found two dead bodies during her surveys. I called that kid Petey Silverman (who practically lives on the Towpath) to tell him to read this story, but he already had. He advised me where some if these areas were. I am going to explore the trails here later this week or next.

63 last week. A bit more than scheduled.

2 comments:

Peter said...

When you go explorin' watch out for "Big Eddie" and "The Crazy Drummer."

Oh, and never call me Petey again.

Scott said...

And don't call me Shirley.