Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Change of Pace






After feeling terrible on Wednesday, I crushed my run on Thurday. My legs were battered but strong and I surged up and down the long undulating hills and felt good for the first time in days. It didn't hurt that the weather was nice.

On Friday, Bain and I looped through RCP and up the neighborhoods of Chevy Chase. I felt awful.

I awoke on Saturday after a couple hours of sleep and met the team for a run in Georgetown. The weather was damn near perfect and everyone and their brother was out running around the monuments. Female foxes were everywhere. Where were these people all winter?

On Sunday I got even less sleep and then ran with Dylan at Difficult Run ("run" as in a "river", though the run is tough too). Lots of hills and lots of people. We coasted along the majestic Potomac and through fields of bluebells. It was the darnedest thing.

Lots of fox friends running tomorrow. Good luck to those lining up in Hopkinton.

No comments: