Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Not So Fast

"Not so fast!" says the hip, "You think I am done fighting. That I am done hurting you? You claim you're winning the battle? Ha!"

"Why, no" I explain, "I just thought I was getting better and..."

"You thought wrong, Fox. I am going to destroy you. You think October was bad, you ain't felt nothin' yet. You will limp the snowy streets in December and you will wail. You can howl in pain...or we can negotiate a deal"

"A deal?" I inquire, "what sort of deal"

"In the past year you've made deals with your shin, your knee, your foot and your Achilles...now I want a deal"

"Yes" I reply, "I have made deals and because of those deals, I was able to run healthy once again. What sort of deal do you propose"

The Hip whispers his reply and my eyes widen in shock.

"No!" I shout, "I will not make that deal. That, Hip, is a deal with the devil"

The Hip retorts "you will destroy us all with your carelessness, young Fox"

I, the Fox, answer back by slugging the left hip back into place with my fist. Then I head out into the darkness for a run.

4 comments:

JARRIN said...

Wow...and I thought I had issues.

- JARRIN

Peter said...

I think I've gotten the upper hand now in my own battle with my hip. Doing the half-pigeon stretch in yoga seems to help.

RM said...

What was the "deal" - I've GOT to know!! I used to watch Desperate Housewives and stuff like this is like a drug to me.

KLIM said...

The deal = "take MORE time off"

The Hip: "Take more time off and I will let you heal:

The Fox: "go to hell"