Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sweating


I went back to yoga on Friday. Again it was hard, again it was hot...and again I sweated. In all honesty I don't think I ever sweat so much in 90 minutes in my life. I've gone on runs when the feels like temperature is 112 degrees and I have done manual labor under the sun's anvil, but nothing compared to what I went through last night. My yoga mat had a 1/4" of sweat on top of it and I had a constant pour coming off my shorts. Not a drip...but a pour. The woman next to me thought I was urinating on my mat. Later in the session when we did sit-down yoga, I felt like a kid in one of those small inflatable baby pools. In my rush to the session, I foolishly forgot to bring water...when all was said and done, I slip-and-slided my way to the water fountain to replenish all I had lost.


I ran a good 9+ this morning with the GRC crew. I love running from the store in Georgetown on Saturdays. There are always new faces and lots of people/paces to run with. Sometimes we run through the hustle and bustle of Georgetown or dart around tourists on the National Mall. Other times we negotiate our way around windy Haines Point. Today we skirted our way up the C&O Canal Towpath before heading up to the Kent/Palisades section of DC. We looped back through Glover Archibald Park. We call this "The Ernst Loop". After the run the team had a meeting to discuss goals for this winter and spring. New faces and new ideas = success. I think I speak for all when I say I'm excited about what the future holds. I truly believe our best days are ahead.


Breaking News: Mitten has laid a 4th egg.


Tomorrow I am off to the heart of Appalachia for a few days of work stuff...running will be tough as the work days will be long.

No comments: