Sunday, November 23, 2014

Stepping Back Into It


I took Monday off. No, I didn't NEED to take the day off, but I realized I was jumping back into this whole "training thing" a bit too quickly. Rest, at this juncture, is a good thing.

On Tuesday, I got in 9 miles. It was the first time this season I've worn tights on a run. It was so cold (mid teens with the windchill) that I didn't see any wildlife. Too cold.

On Wednesday, I ran down to Tilden and got in 8. Hills as usual. Nothing too exciting.

On Thursday, I got in 9. I ran around the NIH and then took on the up and downs of Parkwood Drive.

On Friday, I ran the normal loop from Katie's pad. I got in nearly 3 miles in Cabin John Trail and even ran around Radio Tower Field. 8 total.

On Saturday, I was back at Radio Tower Field (or Cell Phone Field?) for a workout. I ran 4 x 2k loop, but each repeat was approximately 10-seconds faster than the repeat I ran last week. A step in the right direction. Still, each repeat had me totally whipped...or wiped...or both. Either way, I was hurting pretty good. 10.5 total.

On Sunday, I met Outlaw at The Line. He stayed with me for 30 minutes before turning around (he ran long yesterday) while I proceeded to run the famed Zoo Loop. I ran the last 4 miles hard (the last 2 at 5:44 pace), before shutting it down for a half mile or so. Then, I ran 4 x stride to switch up the gears a bit.

58 miles for the week.

Turkey Trot on Thursday.

No pain.

No comments: