Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Grinding Ahead


On Monday night I got in a very easy 8.5 with Sam from Old Angler's Inn. Like last Monday's run, the weather was terrible; high 30s/low 40s and rain. And, like last Monday, we saw practically no one on the towpath save for a few deer. After the run we ate like kings at Chicken Out.

The next morning I ran 9 from North Bethesda. I wanted to "kiss" 5:00 pace for a mile, but ended up running just a 1,000m at that pace, before the old tummy gave me reason to pause. I slogged it home.

On Wednesday morning I ran an easy 5 then made my way to Bethesda that night for the workout. We ran 8 x 800 (2:30 rest) cutdown. I hit: 2:29, 2:28, 2:26, 2:25, 2:23, 2:22, 2:18, 2:19. I was cooked by repetition number 8. In fact, my tummy is still doing cartwheels. It was a solid workout with solid company.

This Saturday I plan to run either 3 miles at race pace or 4 miles a tad slower than race pace/faster than Cherry Blossom pace down on Hains Point. I'll continue to push the intensity until early next week, at which point I'll take it easy.

No comments: