Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ready


It's been a very easy week. 

I took Monday off.

On Tuesday I ran an easy 8 miles.

On Wednesday I ran 2 miles at Army Ten Miler pace: 10:19 (5:12/5:06). As always, it's awkward running fast on the Rock Creek Trail, but that was my only option (unless I ran on the track, which I didn't want to do). I cooled down for a four miles and got in 8.5.

On Thursday I ran an easy 7.

On Friday I ran zero.

On Saturday, I shuffle jogged an easy 5. My legs were itching to run hard, but I kept them in their corral. 

Tomorrow, at Army Ten Miler, the plan is to go out conservative and try to hit mile one in 5:15, mile two in 5:10 and then settle into 5:0X pace. This is easier said than done, as I'd much rather run with a pack a few ticks faster than me, than run solo in their wake. I think 51:30 will be a good day, but I might have something even faster in me. I am certainly in better shape now than I was before Cherry Blossom last spring (52:30), but nowhere near as good a shape as I was when I ran my PR (50:55). The latest Vegas odds have me coming in around 51:47.

All numbers aside, I've done all I could over the past 10-weeks to prepare to race 10 miles tomorrow morning. I feel confident and I'm looking forward to getting out there and giving it my all. 

All in.

No comments: