Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tired Legs


This week became a down week.

After getting home from work a little late on Monday evening, I decided to abort my run (since I would be running the next morning at 6:45am). On Tuesday, Scott, Sam and Catherine met me at The Gate for an easy 8.5. The pace rarely dipped below 7:45.

The next morning I ran an easy 4 and that night I had yet another great workout: 2 x 1600, 2 x 800, 2 x 400 ~ 4:53, 4:49, 2:18, 2:17, 1:05, 1:03. I hadn't run a 63 for 400m in a long time and I felt as if I could have run 55. 12.5 for the day.

The next morning I dragged my legs through an easy 8.5 and on Friday I called it a day after only get through 7.5. My legs were very tired. 

I had scheduled a 4-mile tempo for Saturday, but all week I had trouble finding someone to pace me: Dupont hadn't returned my email, Luff would be in Pittsburgh, Witty was running the xc workout and even old Sloane had run this same workout earlier in the week. Texas Paul and his roommate the Outlaw answered the call and they met me at Hains Point on Saturday morning. The goal was to run 20:20-20:25 for 4-miles, cutting down from 5:10 to 5:00. I hit the time, but did it the wrong way: 5:03, 5:05, 5:07, 5:09. Still, it was a great workout and I was happy with the effort. That being said, I think this pace might be too quick for ten miles at this time (even with a taper). The last thing I want to do is go into the well early on a ten miler. We cooled down for 5 miles around the Mall and got in 12.5 miles for the day.

On Sunday I ran an easy 14 miles with a large group from The Line, but again my legs were downright tired. 

Only 63 miles last week, but I'm moving in the right direction.

No comments: