Sunday, November 7, 2010

Standown


Last week I ran a marathon, spread out over the course of five days. I've run 3 days in a row and I think I might be doing too much too soon. I'm feeling okay, and it's clear moving forward that my "getting back up to speed" pains have subsided, but I still experience a "dull pain" in my area of injury. I keep reminding myself that the doctor said this would happen. Okay. I need to keep reminding myself not to run too much too soon. This is also a doctor's order. This I can do. BUT, I have had a lot of success erasing pain by running MORE...albeit easy. I'm just not sure when I can commit to such an up-tick. Certainly by December 1, I would like to be back to normal, or running 10 mile days. The Red Fox is not use to anything else. The miles will help me stay warm as the cold winter dawns.

Saturday was meant to be an off day, but I ended up running a couple of miles to watch CTR run a 5k. Then I ran 2 more miles with him as a warm-up. Later that day I went on a 2 mile hike. A lot of time on my feet...and this was coming off a 6 mile day. On Sunday, I met up with a group of about 100 GRCers at The Line. I was frothing, foaming and doing everything in my power to hold back on this fine day for running. I've always liked running long with fellow runners, but today I'd have to cap it at 7 miles. Luckily Dix, Marren, Frank and Charlie ran with me in. My lungs ached for oxygen. It felt so good.

No comments: