Thursday, September 30, 2010

Four Weeks to Go?


As of today, it's been four weeks since I've run...and I have four weeks to go. I'm now over the hill and I can see light at the end of the tunnel. That's the good news...

But, on Tuesday, my left leg hurt near the end of my pool workout so I shut it down 10 minutes early and took Wednesday completely off (I also felt as if I a cold was coming on). I am not sure if it was a muscle issue or something directly related to my stress fracture. God knows. In the shower after the workout, some little kid was peeing. The pool and shower are probably filled with germs. The locker room is constantly warm and wet, conditions similar to one of those foreign frog terrariums in PetSmart. I'm not mad at the kid for peeing (well, actually I am), I'm more angry at his dad who smiled and nodded approvingly as he "put out the fire". I was already furious at my leg for hurting and this sent me through the roof. I stormed out of the locker room and bombed home.

Hopefully the leg will feel better tonight.

No comments: