Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Pacific

The vacation continues…

The ocean and sky blended into one giant blue abyss. Before me, and below me, was the Pacific, with all her splendor. I stood on a cliff and peered down. A million feet below white waves thundered ashore. As far as the eyes could see was the sea. I suppose the next point of land was Manchuria. I was digging it. I scampered through the giant thick forest and went down, down, down. The trail cut through tunnels of wet moss and trees that reached the heavens. After a half mile I emerged on the cool sunny beach and stared up at the massive wall before me and wondered if this is where they kept Kong. Later, after some sun burning, I decided to go for a run. I was practically born and raised on a beach, but I never grew up running on them. The sand was firm and my toes cracked as I pounded along the shore. To my left, giant whales shot water from their blowholes while shore birds cut the wind before me. I shut it down after about 4 miles. The area between my toes and feet were peppered with small cuts but my injury felt just fine. After the run, as I made my way back up to Hwy 101, my leg buckled some, but once I got moving all was fine.


Tonight I am running with former Olympian Gabe Jennings…and tomorrow I have beers in Portland with Jesse Dylan Keith. The vacation continues…

1 comment:

Steve J. said...

Gabe Jennings?! How'd you swing that?