Monday, March 8, 2010

The Morning After


I woke up on Sunday and felt pretty good. My quads were a little rocked, but that should be expected. I headed down to Riley's Lock and ran a somewhat easy 16 with JARRIN and Burnham. I've learned from past experience to chill on the long run after a race. It's easy to get caught up in pushing the pace late in the run, but push we didn't. The Towpath was crisscrossed with fallen timbers and fallen brush, but aside from these few hurdles, the soft ground was welcomed. Despite chillin', my legs still felt like hamburger so I went home and jumped in my home-made ice bath. Curse I did, but by mid-afternoon my legs felt much better than they had hours earlier.

I ran an easy 7 on Monday morning and contemplated in great detail the next race. My sources in Charm City have provided me insight as to who is in the race and how it might play out. It shall be a bloodbath. For now, I must rest up and get ready for the inevitable.

Stand down, then attack.

4 comments:

Jake Marren said...

Bloodbath? After that race you are "in it to win it!"

KLIM said...

In it to win it I am...

Lindsey Jerdonek said...

KLAWESOME PR

never in a RF race report have I read 'overall - VERY happy' You have turned over a new leaf.

Anonymous said...

see you at the Shamrock 5k and good luck