Monday, December 7, 2009

The Monday Run



Last night I slept with a strassburg sock and I woke up screaming. It felt like a giant had pulled out my toenails. I can't really explain why this was, but trust me on it. Sometime in the middle of the night, I ripped off the piece of fabric strangling my foot and chucked it towards the corner. Then I cursed Towpath's name since he was the one who forced me to borrow it from him. I ruffled my sheets and went back to bed. When I woke up in the morning my Achilles/shin felt pretty good. Hmmm, I said to myself.

My legs felt tired at work and I wandered the halls a bit slower than usual. I thought my Monday (recovery) run would suck, but I was pleasantly surprised...

Lots going on around the Mall tonight; a brown rat sniffing at the sidewalk, a government motorcade screaming down Pennsylvania Ave, throngs of people milling around the National Christmas Tree and plenty of other people exercising up and down the wide limestone roads and sidewalks that borders the 300+ acres known as the National Mall. I glided down the road with playground ease and felt damn good for a Monday run...almost too good. I finished the day with 8 giving me just shy of 80 over the last 7 days.

6 comments:

Peter said...

Yeah, I can never wear it for more than a few hours, but even having it on for as little as 1 hour seems to help.

JARRIN said...

Petey, it's all in your head. That's the biggest gimmick around since it has a MAJOR design flaw. It pulls up at your toes and not your forefoot. Fucking thing is awful as it "cures" your problem by masking the original pain with new intense pain as it destroys your toes.

You need a night boot. You can get one from a medical device company (usually on the advice of a podiatrist). But the sock is worthless IMHO.

- JARRIN

KLIM said...

Anyone else have an opinion on the Strassburg Sock?

I seemed to help at least initially...

Jake Marren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake Marren said...

Strassburg sock? Sounds like what soldiers would nick-name a french hooker.

Peter said...

Maybe that's way my 2nd and 3rd toes sometimes feel like I have arthritis. Thanks for the tip brother!