Monday, April 27, 2009

Summer Begins..in April?



Today was the first wicked day of summer. Well actually the last two days were scorching (90+ degrees) but both my runs were finished well before the mercury rose, so TODAY it is. We are close to record highs here. My a/c isn't turned on so it feels like Vietnam in my apartment while I sleep. I bake.

I took off on my run at 6pm when the air was still thick and the sun still hot. I felt very good aside from a minor foot pain (race?). I ran a steady 9 miles looping through Rock Creek Park. The heat and sun made it feel like a jungle...Vietnam, one might say. My legs aren't sore at all. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

I don't miss Washington in the summer.

7 comments:

Stephanie Y. said...

Ah, this is nothing.

(coming from the gal who lived her whole life in hot/humid New Orleans)

:)

Plus it's supposed to be a high of 60 tomorrow, so go figure.

KLIM said...

I come from Massachusetts. I never experienced 90 degree anything until I traveled down to college my freshman year (back last century). I suppose I am used to this now. It always takes me a couple days to acclamate to the weather though.

Chika said...

"My a/c isn't turned on so it feels like Vietnam in my apartment while I sleep. I bake."

Komal and I got a good laugh after reading this last night. We were delirious from the heat and laughed for about 5 minutes non stop.

Peter said...

"Saigon... shit, I'm still only in Saigon"

KLIM said...

Umm, Towpath - this is a "family blog". We will have none of this JARRIN-like talk here.

- Gentleman Jake

Peter said...

I thought you would get the Apocalypse Now reference.

KLIM said...

I got the reference, I can't believe you thought I would NOT have gotten it.

The horror, the horror...