Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow Day


We got 3-4" of snow on Sunday night/Monday morning. I headed out late in the afternoon when the sun was out and after most of the roads were plowed. I ran my Parkwood/Garrett Park 10 Miler; a weekly staple that includes some great rolling hills and a little bit of trails. I added on at the end because I felt good. I usually never feel this good on a Monday.

Garrett Park is this old community closed off from the outside world. It sits along the RR tracks and it was once apparently a weekend home for prominent Washingtonians during the early 20th century. Nowadays, it is super liberal. there are still Dennis Kucinich signs on people's laws...from 2004! They are very democratic and have their own mayor. Yesterday everyone had signs out on their lawns and tacked to their mailboxes either supporting or rejecting a referendum being voted on last night. Everyone is always out and about; kids were sledding down streets and in nicer weather their area restaurant is always booming. Every time I run through, I feel like I'm in a scene from a '50s movie.

This morning I ran an easy 7. Plan to do the same later today. The runs-whenever-I-want stop tomorrow when I start my new job. I've been able to get in some great mileage while working from home over the past few weeks...that time is over. Back to reality...back to the real world.


No comments: