Monday, January 26, 2009

Dreading the Run


I’m tired today. Despite 10 hours of sleep last night (I’ll be the first to admit that I get PLENTY of sleep – usually 8.5 hrs a night) I’ve been feeling very tired/lethargic all day. After a mega-cup of coffee this morning I start to get the shakes. When I arrived at work I started on another cup before realizing how light-headed I was. Whooo. I decided to ditch the Joe and go for a walk. Cold air always moves me.

In an hour I’ll be running with Bain…though I’d rather curl up on a couch and watch old episodes of Heathcliff (the eponymous cat) or some other pathetic piece of television. There are definitely days where I don’t want to run and today appears to be one of them. A quick remedy to this case of apathy is to don running clothes. Once the running shorts are on, you have to run. Do it! Thanks Heathcliff, thanks for nothing!

No comments: