Saturday, January 10, 2009

Agricultural History Farm Park


It is a mouth full, but it is a pleasant place to run. This is the site of the 2009 USATF XC Championships; the biggest and most important cross country race in the United States. The course is a 2,000m loop which is run six times or simply 12K. Today the GRC met here and did a solid workout: 8 x 3:00 "on", "2:00 "off". We ran roughly 5+ loops of the course bookended by a 3 mile w/u and c/d in the fields surrounding the loop. I felt very good today. Cross country has always been my forte and it felt good to roll over the grass today. I've realized how much I miss it. Since 2001 I've only run a few cross country races so I am looking forward to the "big dance" next month. Throw away your watches, lace up some good spikes and put on your toughest face...one thing is for sure, the race will be wicked.

No comments: